EDI is thrilled to offer a student internship for the fall semester of 2023! This internship involves hands-on learning about our environmental education and conservation programs, and
how our nonprofit operates behind the scenes. This internship aims to provide students with a look at the nonprofit, environmental education, and conservation world.
Some details include:
$1,500 stipend given to intern upon completion of program
At least 65 hours over the course of a 3-month period
- Program runs mid-September through mid-December
- Includes, but is not limited to:
Shadowing our executive, education, and conservation directors
- Participating in outreach events (as necessary)
- Participating in habitat restoration projects
Learning office operations with our office administrator
- Learning how to conduct field surveys (as necessary) including data collection, using GPS, and report writing
- Participating in field instruction to students and families as part of our Environmental Education
- Exercising job-seeking skills including completing a resume, "mock" job interview, job searches on websites such as CalCareers & USAjobs, etc.
To apply for this internship, please email your resume and cover letter* to Simon Breen, at Simon@earthdiscovery.org
*Cover letter should include a couple paragraphs about why this internship may be right for you!
Deadline to apply for this internship is Thursday, August 31, 2023.